Colleith Lodge Environmental Policy
Colleith Lodge has developed the following environmental policy. This is based on a commitment to improving our environmental performance across all areas of our business practice, and in the service and experience we offer.
Our sustainability will be an ongoing journey that will improve with time and experience. In order to achieve this we pledge the following:
- To think before we buy. Informed buying decisions can help us reduce the amount of raw materials used in manufactured goods, eliminate air and land pollution, cut waste volumes and help preserve natural habitats in our area.
- To think before we use. Efficient use of energy, water, office products, fuel and other resources ensures our business reduces our environmental impact. To reduce our energy impact on the environment we installed solar water heating. We have also installed a heat transfer system that takes warm air from above the library fireplace and deposits in the walkway to the guest rooms and to the other end of the home. Extra water tanks provide rainwater for the garden and an emergency supply for the Lodge.
- To think before we discard. Recycling and composting as much waste as possible can help reduce air and land pollution and reduce the amount going into landfills.
- To protect wildlife and natural habitats we maintain our grounds in an environmentally sensitive way, which helps ensure native trees, insects and birds thrive.
- Dual flush toilets, dual flow showers and hand basin taps are some actions we take that you may not be aware of.
- We try to grow all our own fruit and vegetables without the use of any pesticides or insecticides. For composting, we use natural food scraps. If we need to purchase fresh produce, we strive to buy only organically grown.
Help us care for our environment too, choose to reuse your towels more than once. If this is your preference, please hang them on the rail. For replacement leave them on the shower floor. Also, if you wish to help us reduce waste, please use paper bag for recycling items.